SATURDAY’S BORROWDALE PARK RACE MEETING IS NOT GOING AHEAD


THE commendable, but difficult, decision to hold off on this meeting was made by the MTC stewards today (Monday). They have put the horses first which is the right thing to do.

The decision was reached because of unsuitable going. Soaring temperatures in Harare have undermined attempts to irrigate and improve the going. The penetrometer reading at the October 20 meeting was 15 – firm to hard – and conditions during this week are unlikely to change for the better.

At this stage it is not clear whether this race meeting has been cancelled or postponed. More details later.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s