The Borrowdale Park race meeting scheduled for Friday 24th April has been postponed to a date to be advised, due to the extension of the lockdown in Zimbabwe until May 3.

The Mashonaland Turf Club today issued the following statement:

“In light of the Presidential announcement on Sunday the 19th April extending the Lockdown, the race meeting (Independence Trophy) scheduled to be held on Friday the 24th will, unfortunately, be postponed.

“All race meetings will be chronologically postponed so that no meeting is lost, in effect.

“The Board of Stewards are currently in deliberation on our racing schedule, our three graded race dates, as well as the new date for the Independence Trophy, and these will be released to trainers tomorrow Wednesday the 22nd April to allow them to prepare accordingly.”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s